Roatan

Roatan

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Good News: Back to Roatan

It was so sad to leave lovely, seductive Roatan in April and coming back to the states proved to be challenging.  After six months of thinking in lempiras, dollars were the mystery currency. Prices seemed to skyrocket and the barrage of visual images from advertising and the glut of merchandise available for purchase was staggering.  Going to the grocery store took so much time because I couldn't stop being amazed at all of my choices. But slowly life in the states became the norm and Roatan my alternate reality.

But life is good and our return to Roatan is fast approaching!  I have started to pack and realize that many things I thought I needed, couldn't live without last year are either available on Roatan or not necessary.  I am looking forward to seeing old friends, visiting favorite restaurants and beaches, and snorkeling in the beautiful water. I think the very first order of business is to put up my hummingbird feeder.  I miss seeing them buzz about and they have already migrated from my area here in Florida.

It has already been cold here-anything under seventy is cold- so this trip can't come fast enough. I will try to post  more regularly now and keep you up on our progress.  Hope you follow my second trip and I will look for new things to add and share lots of photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment