Roatan

Roatan

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Arrival in Roatan 2012



We made it back to Roatan!!  I am so happy, I can’t quit smiling.  Rainy last night and the showers are on and off today.  We hiked down the hill to the beach stopping to visit with some old friends along the way.  Some changes are evident on the island, like Smugglers Cove at the Meridian.  It used to be my private beach!! Oh well. On the other hand, things stay very much the same.  As we came through Coxen Hole there was a little girl leading a Burma bull down the middle of the road like she was taking her dog for a stroll. I promise to have my camera with me on my next excursion because there is always a new surprise to capture.

The trip was long and traveling with my elder father and Mother –in –law was somewhat challenging, more for them than us.  We were all up early to catch the plane, having to travel almost two hours to the airport in Orlando to get to Atlanta for the 10 o’clock flight to Roatan.

We arrived just after 12 and had an easy time through immigration because of wheelchair assistance-right to the front!!! Everyone was pleasant and kind to Mimi and Grandpa and they were shell-shocked I think by all the commotion waiting for luggage.

 Once we left the airport, we had a chance to get some groceries but still need another grocery run as Plaza Mar was under stocked.  We will try the new Eldon’s next time. I just want some of that wonderful Blue Plantation hydroponic lettuce for my salads.

We took grandpa for a walk today to show him the sites and warn him about how steep the hills are.  They might be okay to walk down but for him the walk up would be near impossible!


The Casanueva house is beautiful and brand new. I’ve got my hummingbird feeders up and brought and hung my wind chimes. Life is good!

 We are going to  Smuggler’s this afternoon and a look around West End tomorrow and hope to get some pictures of the road work in West End.



Well the sun just came back out, time to go back outside!  

2 comments:

  1. I'm waiting for a Smugglers review.....looks like the next go-to place, especially since we're not walking distance to Sundowners this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. check out yesterday's blog.....Smuggler's is there and it is a really fun place and the food is well prepared.

    ReplyDelete